2.19.2012

do architects look like their architecture?


It occurred to me when I was writing about Usonian architecture the other day that the Usonian Expert working on our house kinda looks Usonian: Earthy tones, down to Earth, cotton shirts (natural materials), likes to be indoors AND outdoors, and an emphasis on the horizontal (I hear he gets at least eight hours of sleep a night with perhaps the occasional nap...). That begs the question: Just as some hypothesize that people tend to look like their pets, do architects tend to look like their architecture? hmmm.... Let’s have a look...


Frank Gehry:



Rudolph Schindler:



Richard Neutra:



Tandao Ando:




Adolf Loos:



Richard Meier:



Mies van der Rohe:



Michael Hsu:




Le Corbusier:



Frank Lloyd Wright (during his funeral procession):




I don't know what you think, but I think the answer is yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment